I got to go see a Minnesota Wild game tonight with my good friends Jeff and A-Ho. We sat at the very very top of the stadium. No exaggeration. There were zero seats behind us. It was kind of a cool deal. My friends and I were planning on getting together and playing Rock Band or something on the Wii, when this opportunity presented itself. A-Ho is the back to the back up for Nordy, the Minnesota Wild mascot, and he needed to get trained in. So he requested two extra tickets, and there you go, we hung out at a hockey game instead of my home.
The Wild lost, 3-2. The Canucks kicked a field goal in the third period to trump our saftey earlier in the game. Wait? Or was it a seeing-eye single in the 3rd period after we each exchanged two run homers? I forget, but it was pretty fun. One thing that I realized was that there were a TON of white people. Holy cow.... just when I thought this town was getting more diverse, I was engulfed in Caucasian-Americana. Although being half-white, I did feel a little uncomfortable. Perhaps, out-of-place is a better phrase. But I walked around with a picture of my dad around my neck and got through with no problems.
One odd occurence during our evening, was my photo-happy friend Jeff wanted to have our picture taken before we left (he's from Lindstrom, MN... obviously a tourist). So he asks this random guy to take our picture and instead of saying "cheese" he curses (equivalent of poop) leaving us with several questions. We thanked him and walked away asking each other what the purpose of his casual swearing was. Is that his way to get our attention (if so, it worked. jeff's eyebrows were totally raised in the pic)? Was there something wrong with the camera? Did the guy think he broke the thing? Was he trying to be funny? Did he say something something else, like "sharp!" or something.... so many questions. Our discussion concluded by us deveating from that path to urinals and other pee dispensing theories, and ended with my story about my grandfather's house (in japan) having two urinals in the same bathroom (and to delve further into this story, I recanted side-by-side pee memories of my grandfather and I, but I digress).
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment